KAKUDA Seiji 角田 誠治
- Wood works
Born in Kyoto 1945
- 1964Started work of building of traditional “Kyo-machiya”※ as the successor of the family business.
- 1974Around this year, began making traditional woodworks of KOGEI.
- 1980Accepted for NIHON-DENTO-KOGEI※ Exhibition for the first time.
- 1996Won the prize of the chairman of the educational committee of Wakayama prefecture at NIHON- DENTO- KOGEI Kansai Area Exhibition.
- 2001Became a Regular member of NIHON-KOGEI-KAI
- 2004Won the NIHON-KOGEI-KAI※ prize at DENTO-KOGEI Kinki Area Exhibition.
- 2008Joined Artists group KOGEI-KYOTO.
- 2009Won the encouraging award at Kyoto KOGEI Artist Society Exhibition.
My idea for KOGEI
I make “MOKUGA box”. MOKUGA is the way to present some geographic pattern by combination of small colored wood blocks. It is seen in heritages of Nara era. At making MOKUGA, I am always aware to make the best of tenderness of woods.