SASAI Fumie 笹井 史恵
- URUSHI, lacquer
Born in Osaka 1973
Lecturer at Kyoto City University of Arts.
- 1998Graduated from graduate school of Kyoto City University of Arts.
- 2003Gone abroad to study at Chiang Mai University, Thailand through 2005.
- 2006One-man show “The Child ” at Toyota Municipal Museum in Aichi prefecture.
Won the 30th anniversary Memorial Prize at Kyoto KOGEI Artists Exhibition.
- 2009Joined SOFA exhibition in New York, USA.
One-man show “Beloved Forms ” at Toyota Municipal Museum in Aichi prefecture. Exhibition “In the Flower Garden” at the TSUKUBA Museum of Arts in Ibaragi.
- 2011Modern Art in Japan and Artists in Ibaragi Exhibition at Ibaragi Modern Art Museum
Joined Artists group KOGEI-KYOTO
My idea for KOGEI
Developing the images gotten from plants, animals or children, I make URUSHI works which should tempt people’s heart to touch the objects. Through my URUSHI works, I wish many people get good feeling of quality or touching of material.