MENYA Shoho 面屋 庄甫
- Kyoto doll.
Born in Kyoto 1947
Chief of Amagatsu-kai Doll Studio.
- 1985 “Modern Creative Kyoto-Doll“UNESCO head quarter,Paris, France.
- 1989 Art Newcomer Prize of City of Kyoto
- 1992 25th. anniversary exhibition of J. Frankel Gallery (invited) New York, U.S.A.
- 1993 Kyoto Artistic Culture prize.
- 1997 Memorial One man show of his succsseion “Mensho”
- 2013 “Contemporary Kogei Styles in Japan”; Morikami Museum, Florida, U.S.A.
- 2015 Cerabrating 400 Years of Rimpa “Living Rimpa in Kyoto Today” ; Museum of Kyoto.
Royal House of Sweden. National museum of Modern Art, Tokyo. Kyoto Prefecture Government.